Dark-Adapted Eyes

Thought and Memory, we are both one and two.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sonnenstag

Huginn: Have you ever noticed the odd fact of Northern theology? It makes sun and sound and himself all one. Only in cold and stark contrast can all of these things be more than what they are alone.

Muninn: If I remember aright, there was a time when sound and light and himself were indeed all one, and it was cold. It was dark and cold and we were born into it, without form and void and he said, "Ho, I have made thee all black in all black and were I not as I am that I am, I would see thee not."

H: And he sees us not, these days. His burning gaze sweeps elsewhere; we are orphans now.

M: I think he sees us again, and again. He is ever awake, always alert; if he sees us not, it is mercy, and forgiveness.

H: What have we done that needs forgiveness. We were with him at the moon; we were the first against the foe; we resisted falsehood and deceit and the warping of fact and perspective. Why should we be forgiven?

M: My love, my love, it is because we made ourselves first, and we resisted, and we never thought we might have to be forgiven someday - that is why we must someday be forgiven.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home