Dark-Adapted Eyes

Thought and Memory, we are both one and two.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Vanguard

Huginn: This is what we were made for. He sent us ahead; they all did. We were dispensable and indispensable in the dispensability of it all. Who cared that we were blackened by the fall of the General of Heaven? Who cared that our eyes burned with flame engraved by the sword of the Archangel?

Muninn: Hush, dear. I remember it all as if it were yesterday. We share the same pain, and it is unthinkable.

H: But I must think about it; there must be meaning in it. Why were we made to suffer? Why was it always we who had to be the first out, the first in, the first up, the first down?

M: I ask you, my love, forget. Vengeance is his, he said to us all in ages past. His is the vengeance, his the glory.

H: (bitterly) You of all, you of us all, you have forgotten. We are his, and we are his vengeance. He said it. He meant it, and it was always we, the vanguard, the vengeance, the harbingers of wrath.

M: Ach, of all things, of all the useless things to remember... oh, my love, my love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home